May 25, 2010

More Koenig Krieg

Hey Guys

Just finished up putting Flags onto one of my Prussian Regiments for Koenig Kreig.  This unit represents the 1st and 2nd Battalions of the 34th Regiment also know as - Prinz Ferdinand Infantry.



For anyone interested in learning more about this regiment and its service during the seven years war i highly recommend you go check out Project 7yw.


Now i want to quickly do a shout to an Aussie painter mate of mine Greg Perry who first got me into KK. In the beginning when i wanted to get into KK i had a massive amount of painting contracts coming in (lots of money but no time so i commissioned Greg to paint up my first 1000 pts. Since then Ive doubled the size of my army and spent time matching Greg's style he used so that now im not sure which regiments i did or he did. So not wanting to take credit for something i may not have done i give Greg the credit he is due if not with todays pic then certainly some of what will follow over the coming weeks.  Where ever you are currently mate thanks for getting me started into such a great game.

6 comments:

Kiwicolourstudio@gmail.com said...

Damn it! - picture gremlins!!, i just noticed that there is a small white patch 2 figure in from the left - looks like when i was cutting out the picture i managed to miss a section in between a hat and a gun... I hate it when that happens...sigh.

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

I didn't notice it until you pointed it out!

Kiwicolourstudio@gmail.com said...

Cheers Aj. Im pretty happy with how they have turned out overall. The flags lack a little detail but to be honest in 15mm they look cool on the table and thats all that matters :)

I may have to fix the photo up if it keeps bugging me. meh.. at least im getting the hang of my camera now and starting to take nice pictures.

Galpy said...

Some real nice work going on over here on your painting table gfreat detail and shding well done.
Cheers
Kent

Kiwicolourstudio@gmail.com said...

Hey Kent thanks a lot mate - im still pretty new to the blogging thing but im finding its helping me finish projects as its nice to show what I've done and get feedback from other gamers and painters. Im enjoying reading your blog as well. I especially like the French revolution troops you did up the other day - very nice indeed.

Galpy said...

sorry about that i thought i had already joined
Cheers
Galpy