June 07, 2010


This weekend i thought i would do something a bit different so i put together and started painting up a set of Flames of war Mid War Monsters – the KV-5.
Info about the monstrous Russian beast can be found here www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=1325
Here’s some pictures of the process so far:
Assembling the monsters!
Magnets are used in the turrets to keep everything together, i decided that the smaller MG turrets would be glued in place to keep them from getting lost or broken.
The Barrels being so long and heavy needed propping up and balancing to get them to glue in the correct positions (Vallejo Brush Cleaner and Restorer were the perfect size and weight for this job with the hulls used to keep the barrels straight)
Finally all assembled and ready for an undercoat.  These really were nice miniatures to put together, the parts fitted together well and there wasn't much cleaning up of flash or mould lines. The Resin was smooth and clean of holes or blemishes. 
The Monsters Undercoated!
I primed the monsters with a matt black undercoat as this provides the best base for the next stage.
The Monsters get a base coat!
Tamiya Nato Green was airbrushed over all the parts of the miniatures. 
Well that’s all I've done so far. Hopefully by the end of today I'll be further along with them.
Post a Comment